1. Building Committee This committee is responsible for overseeing the construction of homes, approving plans, and addressing safety issues. Activities of this committee include:
- Continually seeking to improve the quality of construction through design, materials, and techniques
- Meeting the needs of the Partner Families by making improvements to the homes
- Monthly meetings held on the second Wednesday of each month at Opportunity Resources
- Research land that is listed for sale, bankruptcy, tax lien, foreclosure or otherwise identified as being available or of interest to Habitat for Humanity of Missoula. This research should include current ownership, market value, and all issues affecting best use
2. Faith Relations Committee This group cultivates relationships between Habitat and local churches, seeks new Covenant Churches, and maintains ties with current Covenant Churches. Activities of this committee include:
- Working closely with other committees to ensure that Habitat needs are promoted in local churches
- Arranging for presentations, information tables, flyers, etc. to raise awareness about Habitat in local churches
- Regular meetings
- Developing a fundraising plan to meet the organization’s funding needs for the coming year
- Effectively utilizing the help of all Board members in fundraising efforts
- Utilizing a variety of fundraising efforts, from events to grants, to invoke support from all segments of the community
- Weekly meetings
4. Volunteer Support Committee This committee is responsible for creating and implementing a program to recruit, manage, and appreciate Habitat volunteers. Activities of this committee include:
- Developing and maintaining volunteer contacts with individuals and groups throughout the community
- Meeting Habitat’s need for volunteers for committees, events, building construction, etc.
- Meeting the volunteers’ needs
- Ensuring a good experience for volunteers
- Monthly meetings
To join a Habitat Committee, complete your Volunteer Application by clicking here. Be sure to check the correct Committee box! For additional information or if you have previously submitted a volunteer application, call Frankie Feinstein, Volunteer Coordinator at 549-8210 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. ReStore Volunteer Team Next to our office in East Missoula (3655 Highway 200 East), our Habitat ReStore sells new and gently-used home improvement goods, furniture, building materials and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. The ReStore raises funds for Habitat for Humanity of Missoula’s affordable home-ownership program, ensures Missoulians have access to affordable materials to maintain and improve their homes, and diverts usable materials from landfills. ReStore hours are Tuesday through Saturday, from 10 am until 4 pm. To get involved, please call 549-8210 or email email@example.com for more information.