1. Building: This committee is responsible for overseeing the construction of homes, approving plans, and addressing safety issues. Activities of this committee include:
- Continually seeking to improve the quality of construction through design, materials, and techniques
- Meeting the needs of the Partner Families by making improvements to the homes
- Monthly meetings held on the second Wednesday of each month at Opportunity Resources
- Researching land that is listed for sale, bankruptcy, tax lien, foreclosure or otherwise identified as being available or of interest to Habitat for Humanity of Missoula. This research should include current ownership, market value, and all issues affecting best use
2. Faith Relations: This group cultivates relationships between Habitat and local churches, seeks new connections to faith-based communities, and maintains ties with current faith-based communities. Activities of this committee include:
- Working closely with other committees to ensure that Habitat needs are promoted in local churches
- Arranging for presentations, information tables, flyers, etc. to raise awareness about Habitat in local churches
- Regular meetings
3. Community Support: This committee is responsible for fundraising and event planning support. Activities of this committee include:
- Planning and contributing to events that raise awareness for Habitat’s mission
- Utilizing the help of all Board members in fundraising efforts
- Conducting fundraising efforts to invoke support from all segments of the community
- Monthly meetings
4. Volunteer Coordination: This committee is responsible for creating and implementing a program to recruit, manage, and appreciate Habitat volunteers. Activities of this committee include:
- Developing and maintaining volunteer contacts with individuals and groups throughout the community
- Meeting Habitat’s need for volunteers for committees, events, building construction, etc.
- Meeting the volunteers’ needs
- Ensuring a good experience for volunteers
- Monthly meetings
5. ReStore: The ReStore committee strategizes and supports the operations of the Habitat ReStore. Our ReStore sells new and gently-used home improvement goods, furniture, building materials and appliances to the public at a fraction of the retail price. The proceeds are used to fund Habitat for Humanity of Missoula’s affordable home-ownership program, ensure people have access to affordable materials to maintain and improve their homes and to divert usable materials from the landfills.
To Volunteer for a Committee:
To get started on a Committee, please complete a Volunteer Application through the link below. For additional information or if you have previously submitted a volunteer application, call Frankie Feinstein, Volunteer Coordinator at 549-8210 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.